Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Power of the Written Word

I've always been the type of person that believed that if you wrote down your thoughts and desires then there was live documentation (in black and white) for you to refer to if you needed it. The live documentation was there to hold me accountable, to remind me, to help me track my progress or lack there of. As a result, I have To Do Lists, Affirmation Sticky Notes, Blogs, Journals, and the various random doodling.

Usually when I write it down, I actually realize what is written there. No matter the task or dream, if I write it down, then I do it. My written words come to fruition. I've written down financial goals, written down my educational goals, I write down my running goals. Guess what? I realize those too. This week, for the first time, I kept a food journal. I've been writting down my goals this week. I've been writting down what I plan to eat (and what I want to avoid). Yup, so far so good.

So tonight, it has occurred to me that I should address the relationship area of my life. And no, I am not being ridiculous. It stands to reason, I write everything else down. So here goes:

I want a real man. I want a man that is emotionally available. One that loves music. One that loves art. He must love God and respect nature and the gifts it has to offer. He should speak with his heart. He should love me, respect me, challenge and interest me. He must be a man of integrity and honor.

It is now time for me to get to work.

1 comment:

michelle said...

I had a motivational coach a couple years ago and she encouraged her clients to write their goals and dreams in the present tense as if they were already in place.

So your quest for a fullfilling relationship would look like this.

I have a real man. I have a man that is emotionally available. One that loves music. One that loves art. He loves God and respects nature and the gifts it has to offer. He speaks with his heart. He loves me, respects me, challenges and interest me. He is a man of integrity and honor.

Act as if it already exist and it will fall into place.
Good luck, Cousin.

Michelle
www.girlchildpress.com