Monday, March 17, 2008

Fall Back...Spring Ahead...

then say goodbye.

Making the jump to Daylight Savings Time means that I busy myself with activities that mean spring has arrived. That means spring cleaning, testing season at work, and summer planning. It also means increased "do you want my course?" chatter that happens every year at this time at my work.

Today, my publications partner let me know that she is heading back to Albuquerque. Her husband finally separated from the Army and they were heading home.

Yeah, I know, people move all the time. People move on. Life goes on. I'll make a new friend. It isn't like she is moving to Europe or Africa or something. But I got use to walking across the hall. I got use to bouncing ideas off of her. I look forward to getting German chocolates from her. Her giggle is absolutely infectious. She has a horse and a goat. Yes, I said a goat. Did I mention that she understands my sense of humor?

Like all things in this universe, life continues to move forward. Sometimes, I wish that I had the power to make things remain as they are. Sigh...

No comments: