Sunday, May 18, 2008

I'm In Love with Chris Matthews


Everyone who knows me, knows that I am a news junkie. I'm a junkie not because I am interested in the "fine, fair and balanced reporting" that I am probably not getting. I am a junkie because I love the drama, the tag lines, the attention getters and one liners that these reporters use to get the ratings. I love the showmanship. "Hillary lashes out against Obama, Hanna Montana speaks out about the drama of the photos. Star vs. Barbara. " Oh and let's not forget that the coverage is....LIVE (from one place or another).

Chris Matthews is different. He tells it like it is. He says what other folks won't say and he says it to the very people I have absolutely no trust or love for: Politricktians.

Today on the Chris Matthews Show, Chris basically broke it down for the audience (and his panel). He let us know what any politician running for President has to do in order to get elected. Here it is in a nutshell:

1. Tell Teachers that you will pay them more and cut out performance testing.
2. Tell Factory/Blue Collar workers that you will give them jobs and not send them over seas.
3. Tell Jews that you support Israel.
4. Tell women that you support Choice
5. Tell Blacks that you understand Slavery and that you support Civil Rights and equality.

Chris went on to say, "Every person running for political office knows this, how come this seems to be escaping Obama?"

God, I love Chris Matthews.

1 comment:

cupcake said...

Chris Matthews has been a pretend boyfriend of mine for a long time. I, too, adore him.