Sunday, October 26, 2008

It is done...

in 5:05. That is what it said when I came across the finish line at The Marine Corps Marathon. Now according to the Marine at the finish line when my official time is posted (in 72 hours), my time will be less than that because the clock at the finish is the race clock. Since we all didn't start at the same time (I came across the start line 5-6 minutes after the Marathon actually began), my time has to be adjusted accordingly.

Miles 1-9 were grueling! The hills were unlike anything I have ever seen. Miles 10-23 were alright. I cried from mile 24 to the finish. I am not sure where the emotions came from. They just rushed me and I sobbed the entire way to the finish. One the very last hill (about .2 miles), my charity sponsor's trainer Kathy literally ran with me. I was grateful as I didn't think I'd have been able to do it without her.

I am sore and tired. But I feel good. I even got a cool medal for all my trouble.

2 comments:

Michelle Sewell said...

Cousin!

I am so proud of you! What an amazing accomplishment. I wish I could have seen it. I am sure it was spectacular. I would have cried too!! You are my shero:) I love how you put your mind to something and just charge it until you reach the goal.

Are you going to do it again, or is this a once in a lifetime thing?

Hugs and love and kisses
Michelle

Juss_ILP said...

you know I might just do another. there is nothing i've done yet that can compare. the human body is indeed a wonderful thing.