Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I Wanna Be like Dana



Oprah's season premier featured 175 Olympic Athletes fresh from Beijing. Yes, Oprah talked with Micheal Phelps, she interviewed the Redeem (Men's Basketball) Team, the Beach Volleyball chicks, and all the gymnasts. But by far my favorite was 41 year old swimmer (and silver medalist) Dana Torres.

She said one thing during her interview that really stuck with me. When asked about her age and competitive swimming, Dana responded, "the water doesn't know how old you are." When asked if she would continue to swim and perhaps try for the 2012 Olympics, she said, "After an Olympics I usually want nothing to do with water for a while, but now I kinda feel like I want to keep going."

Dana is my hero.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many sit ups would I have to do to get abs like that?!!

Michelle
www.girlchildpress.com

Unknown said...

hey lisa just to be sure that i gave u the right web address the other day here is the url again.
http://w3schools.com/