Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Nice Suprise

So all of you readers (the 2 of you) know that on October 26th I'll be running the Marine Corps Marathon. In order to get a spot in the popular marathons, one must have a charity sponsor. You raise money for them, you get training and nutritional support from their team trainers. I am running for Fisher House Foundation.

My goal was to raise $1000. To say the fundraising has been slow is an understatement. People that I knew were financial guarantees fell through. People that I didn't expect stepped up. That wasn't more evident until a co-worker walked up to me today and handed me 3 checks, totalling $250. I am now $45 dollars off of meeting my goal.

Thanks Diana.

To see more on my great charity click http://www.fisherhouse.org/

1 comment:

michelle said...

I know. I know. I am a slacker! I am totally going to donate before the actual marathon. It's on my list of things to do ...that is 107 items long:)

Keep running, Cousin:) I am totally impressed. Maybe one day I'll dare something of this magnitude.

Michelle
www.girlchildpress.com