Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Never Thought I Would Live to See the Day



As a kid I use hear kids like me say, "I wanna be President when I grow up." You always responded with "of course", but in your heart, you really didn't believe it. Last night, the world got to witness history in the making. Now when little kids say, "I wanna be President." I can really say (and believe), "Yes! You can!"

I marveled at the elation of the people in this country. I mean who would have ever imagined people dancing in the streets in front of The White House? What really has left me speechless is the celebration of people from around the world.

I am proud! I am excited! I have lived to see America renew the hopes of its promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it better. I was one of those people dancing in the streets.

Michelle
www.girlchildpress.com