Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Beneficiary

Now that the magnitude of my choice to run the Marine Corps Marathon has set in, I guess I need to tell you the name of the charity that benefits from my madness. The name is of the charity is Fisher House.

Whatever your personal beliefs are about the War in Iraq, the people that make the decision to fight in the name of America are real people with stories to tell. They make awesome personal sacrifices to honor that commitment. I often think about what happens when a service person gets wounded. I think about their recovery process. Medical science says that a person has a better chance of surviving a catastrophic illness, if they have the love and support from family and loved ones. The cruel irony is that for many of our service people, recovery is (I found out) many miles away from their loved ones. Organizations like Fisher House does its part to buffer that.

So here is the link, please check them out. Donate to a good cause. Oh....and thank you for your support.

No comments: