Saturday, June 7, 2008

Headlines in Sports

I am not really a sport fanatic, but I try to keep up so that I can participate in the conversations at the water cooler. These are the conversations that I will participate in this upcoming week.


Farewell to Jim McKay, the man who made me having to watch sports on television as a kid tolerable. He is the man who made the phrase "the thrill of victory, the agony of defeat," enter pop culture. As an adult, it has amazed me that I have held all other sportscasters to the standard that he has set. GOLD.


The Record that Wasnt to Be. Big Brown came in dead last at the Belmont Stakes. His odds of winning Belmont was 1-4. Maybe we will have a Triple Crown winner next year.





Barry Bonds and his lawyers entered not guilty pleas on all 15 of the various charges stemming from the 2003 Steriod Investigation. He ended the season last year a free agent. The 2008 Season is underway and every team decided to pass.

No comments: