Friday, December 19, 2008

Lolita Wine Glasses


are my new muse. I used one at a friend's Holiday Party. My friend had the neatest idea, she assigned each guest a glass. The guys got a pilsner glass (more manly you see) and the ladies got a wine glass. As each glass has a different design, no ones glass got confused with the next persons. Each person was able to keep track of their own glass for the night. My friend assigned glasses based on what each person was known for. One of the other party guests (another friend) was given the Fashionista glass, another got the glass with the 18th hole on it. The glasses covered all the basis: they were functional, utilitarian and festive all at the same time.

I drank out of the one to the left at the party and the one I ordered for myself arrived today. I think the glass is fitting, as anyone who knows me knows that I live in sandals....well I live in them up until the first frost.

I've made a list of the other glasses I'd like to add to the one I just got. I'll treat myself from time to time. I'm thinking a finish line one (if they even have one) for after the Shamrock in March.

No comments: