Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Other Christmas Traditions

I've already shared that I am not really into the spirit this year. Not sure why, I'm just not feeling it. I think my coworker Amy picked up on it after I shrugged my shoulders when she asked me how I'd be spending my holiday break. After a quick chuckle, Amy said, "Well Jeremy and I planned on doing our Christmas Day Movie Blitz, but with Will we've not figured out how that would work. It looks like we'll be at home." Well my interest was immediately peaked, "movies," I asked. She responded, "Yup, movies. You know, tickets, start times, concessions stand, popcorn? Jeremy and I go every Christmas Day." OK, so where have I been all my life? How come, I've never thought about the movies on Christmas Day? Amy must have read my mind because she continued, "Alisia, most Jews sleep late, order Chinese carryout, and go to the movies on Christmas Day. It isn't our holiday."

I almost gave Amy a bear hug, but I didn't want her to punch me. So instead I called Michael and asked him if he'd like to become Jewish with me for the day. We'd do it up. Waffles and turkey bacon in our pj's in the morning. It's A Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street on TV (commercials included) for the afternoon. Then we'd order greasy spoon Chinese food for dinner. He loved the idea! Yeah for me. I think it was easier for him to agree as his family are all back in Kansas.

Now you may ask, dear faithful reader (lol), what about Christmas with your family? Yeah, yeah, yeah...I'll make the rounds. (Much) later in the day (evening)...for dessert and quick hellos.

It may turn out to be a merry Christmas, afterall.

No comments: