Sunday, January 11, 2009

7 Pounds


I'm not a fast paced, shoot 'em up, fight aliens, & save the earth kinda gal. With that being said I've always waited for Nexflix to bring Will Smith to my door.

I decided to go to the theater to see 7 Pounds because I couldn't figure out what is was about from watching the trailers. It also didn't help that whenever I asked people about the film I got a strong reaction on both ends of the spectrum.

I will only say this. GO SEE IT! If you want unusual. If you want tear jerker. If you want to feel good about having second chances.

The film also stars Woody Harrelson and Rosario Dawson.

BTW: Under the umbrella of full disclosure, I want to say that I cried in the final scene with Dawson and Harrelson. I also want to say that Michael and I went together. He likes shoot 'em up, alien movies. The more explosions the better. He let me know that the next film like this that comes out, he'd be happy to sponsor a Girls Night at the Movies.

1 comment:

michelle said...

I didn't like this movie at all. I had no emotional reaction and kept thinking that will smith was the wrong guy in the role. Maybe I've just gotten use to him blowing stuff up...lol