Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Week that Was...

1. Israel has gone into Gaza to get Hamas. Of course in the middle of all of it are the innocent Palestinian citizens.
2. Obama has arrived in DC and the Obama girls started there new school with a ride in a hella motorcade and numerous TV cameras catching the whole thing.
3. Patrick Swayze admitted that he hasn't stopped smoking even though he is in the fight of his life with pancreatic cancer.
4. Sheila Dixon (the Mayor of Baltimore) and my fellow church member was indicted on federal corruption & theft charges.
5. The Governor of Illinois, Blagojevich , was Impeached. He says he isn't going anywhere.
6. A transit police officer shot and killed an unarmed black man in Oakland, CA and riots followed.
7. Alcoa announced that it was cutting 14,000 jobs.
8. John Travolta buried his 16 year old son. He died in the Bahamas of seizure disorder.
9. Oprah admitted that she fell off the wagon and is currently 200+ pounds.
10. My brother was admitted to the hospital with Congestive Heart Failure.

I think I will stop at 10.

Because this week was a bit more stressful than I anticipated, I added in an extra run. It was truly a godsend. It gave me a chance to think about the 6 locals I got to visit in the 1000 Places to See Before You Die series.

Jan. 5 - Topkapi Palace, Instanbul, Turkey
Jan. 6 - Verbier, Valais, Switzerland
Jan. 7 - Any Church in Lalibela, Ethiopia
Jan. 8 - Tasmania Freycinet National Park, Australia
Jan. 9 - Plaza de Armas, Cuzco, Peru
Jan. 10 - Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, USA

No comments: