Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

I discovered a while ago that they don't work for me. It must be calling them "New Years Resolutions" or something, who knows. So, I don't make them. What I do now is if I see a change that I need to make or a goal that I would like to work towards, I write it down and then do what needs to be done in order to make it happen. I don't find it necessary to wait until the 1st of a new year to begin.

One of my three constant goals is to eat well, lose weight and exercise. The "Big Three" (as I like to call them) are goals I like to always have on the radar. Well today I met one of these goals. I lost 10 pounds. OK, so not 10 pounds literally, but it sure felt like it. I mailed my 15-20 page portfolio to UB. I waited for 20 minutes in a very long line at the Post Office, put $1.48 worth of postage on a large brown envelope and handed it to the postman behind the desk. I made him tell me twice that UB would have my portfolio in the morning.

So what's next?

I just packed my gym bag and I am heading out the door. I have to make sure that I don't eat 10 pounds worth or chocolate while I wait for the final decision.

Believe.

2 comments:

rachel said...

thanks for your comment! and to think i only thought my mother was reading those posts... :)
good luck making the transition back to school... i know it will be rough for me!

rachel said...

p.s. i did make up the rap off the top of my head... one of my most prized works. :)