Monday, February 4, 2008

Random Doodling from Student Papers

I finally decided that enough was enough and tackled a pile of papers. Every so often I come across some really interesting stuff in the margins of my students papers. Sometimes I get this what I will call doodling, instead of the actual assignment (sigh). These were some of the most interesting: Megan C.' wrote an ode entitled...

Ode to A Banana

in the warm sun, da-dunk
comes free ranged delicates.
the clean growth develops
to a crescent. with age
a silk skin, with health
a crescent body. a fighter
hanging by a limb. once
defied, plop a mushy
banana is conceived.

I remember this day. Megan kept asking me if I wanted one of her banana's. She had a bunch of them in a grocery bag. She must have picked them up at the store on her way to school.

Michael R. wanted people to know that, "the way I see it, people are gonna be really pissed in a few years, when I am famous and make more money than they have ever seen if there little pathetic lives."

Betthany T. said, "Hi-ya!" Then she drew a big smiley face.

Hallie G. wants to die in Forever 21. As she is "like totally obsessed with that store and like everything in it."

Chris A. asked, "what the hell is going on in this school? No, like seriously?" He drew his question mark and gave it human features with eyes and boxed eyebrows.

I haven't returned the papers yet. I still have time to answer the doodling.

No comments: