Friday, February 1, 2008

Full Plate

Whenever I have a full plate, I start feeling lazy and unmotivated. I really do know better (at least in my head I do), but I can't seem to talk myself into getting started or moving. I guess it is because I dont know where to begin. Let's see:

1. I skipped the gym yesterday and by the looks of things, it doesn't seem I am going today.
2. I haven't picked up Passing Through by Colin Channer in days. I think that is an indicator that the book isn't really that good. However, I feel obligated to read it (you know...support my Jamaican writers).
3. It is February 1 and also the deadline for UB's Creative Writing Program applications. I completed my application right after the Holiday's. So I am calling on all prayer warriors, tea leaf burners, chanters, whatever...to do your thing. I just realized that I am not good at waiting for things. Can I get some pointers about The Waiting Game from you experienced folks?
4. My mother's birthday is coming on the 28th. My sister started this tradition of celebrating the entire month. Yea for mom! Noooo for me. I have been assigned 3 days to buy something "nice" (my sister's instructions...translated to mean: expensive) for my mom. Everyone knows that I am the girl who writes the checks. I jazz up my checks with gift cards (I know...pathetic). I am open for ideas, as all of these "nice" gifts are supposed to be surprises.
5. Second semester began this past Monday. I teach Evening School during the second semester. Classes begin on Tuesday.
6. The appraiser is coming on Wednesday morning. Yes, I have decided to take advantage of our exiting President's "Stimulus Package".
7. I have a stack of papers to grade (already). I am, however, sticking to my rule of not taking papers home.
8. I need to organize my papers so that I can file my taxes.
9. My fridge is empty. I hate the grocery store with a passion. But I have to eat, right?
10. Whenever my house gets messier than I like it, I look at a card that I got from a rep at Merry Maids. Ummm....I can't find it. Arrgg!
11. Deadline #4 for Genesis 2008 (Yearbook) is fast approaching. Of course the kids are getting tired (hell, so am I). This faculty section is now the bane of my existance.

I am going to go off the deep edge if I think about my plate anymore. It runneth over, indeed.

No comments: