Saturday, February 23, 2008

Tax Year 2007

Each pay he withholds
Money he freely wasted
I hate Uncle Sam.

Today I made the annual pilgrimage to my CPA on the other side of town. As usual, I had my stacks of papers, W-2's, 1099's, piles of receipts, calendars, appointment books, and canceled checks. He pushed the buttons on the adding machine and went over his check list of questions. I sat and bit my finger nails. BTW: I only bit my nails because he doesn't like people to chew gum when he is "working" and I wasn't about to upset the man who stands between me and those buzzards at the IRS.

So now I wait for Mr. CPA to call me back with the only news that I want to hear from him. The call should go like this:

Me: "Hello."
Mr. CPA: "Ms. ILP? This is Mr. CPA."
Me: "Yes!" [heart begins to race]
Mr. CPA: "You have a refund coming from Federal and a refund coming from the State."
Me: "That's awesome. As usual, Mr. CPA, thanks!"
Mr. CPA: "Would you like to know the amount?"
Me: "No. I'll wait for the surprise."
Mr. CPA: [slightly chuckling] "Ah yes, you only like to hear that you don't owe."
Me: "You know me."
Mr. CPA: "Well then I will mail all your paperwork to you."
Me: "That sounds good. Thanks again."

Keep your fingers crossed that the call isn't like the one I received for Tax Year 2005. I'd hate to have to come up with another Haiku.

No comments: