Friday, July 11, 2008

One More Thing to Take Off the List


Everyone knows this is the famous statue called Christ the Redeemer, which sits atop Corcovado Mountain overlooking Rio de Janeiro. It is also one of the New 7 Wonders of the World.

At this stage in my life, I have come to realize that I only get one life and I have to live it to it's fullest. A part of that living is seeing all of these wonders for myself, so I will make the trek to Rio on Tuesday the 15th.

I've decided to take this trek alone this time, so much of my life (these days) seems to be this way. It is alright though, I am sure that the Gods have some plan in the works and all of this alone time is the prep work for it.

In addition to seeing the sights which include Salvador and Sao Paulo, I plan to do some serious eating. I will keep everyone (all 2 of you that read this blog) posted.

3 comments:

cupcake said...

I've been reading your blog for a while. I can't remember how I found it, but I guess I'm one of the fans.

Have a great trip. I hear the tango is big there.

Michelle Sewell said...

Have a great trip, Cuz!
Yours sounds a lot more exotic than mine. Heading to the beach for two weeks. Nothing like laying a beach coma!

Michelle
www.girlchildpress.com

Unknown said...

Now you know more than 2 people read about you exciting adventures and quirky thoughts. You're hilarious and I'm not just saying that b/c you're my cousin =) Have a great time dred and I want to see ALL the pictures when you get back. I am soooo envious of all your exotic travels. I too need to take full advantage of my singlehood (no kids and no husband) and maximize this period in my life and do FAR more traveling.