Sunday, July 6, 2008

Lazy Hazy Days

I love summer for just that reason. July 4th, I decided that everyone would come to me for eating, drinking (none for me though...I had a long run the next morning), and laughs. No invites were issued. I used technology to spread the word....general text messages. The text read, "Looks like its gonna be @ my pad. It starts @ 2 n' will end at 3 if y'all don't show by 2.30. Bring what you want to eat."

It worked...(smile).

Michael ran the grill. I think I have a crush on him now. Smile.
Amanda had dessert. She really needs to open a shop. She had her "Betrothed" with her.
Sarah showed up looking like she just left the runway during NYC's Fashion Week. She still hasn't told everyone where she was going. She came with Cruz.
Dalila made her grand entrance...of course way after she was told to arrive.
Odelia our family's resident nut. She is absolutely hilarious. Her latest CD single was cool.
Debbyann arrived 1st. I should have given her a prize.
Paulette arrived with Ms. Marissa. OMG, I had no idea that Marissa could put down potato salad like that!!!
Trudy arrived after everyone left, so we spent quiet time eating the grilled lamb that Michael made for us...yummo.

Then the kids....Jaylynn, Ariel, Ty'Heil, Caleb, Malachi, Marissa (I mentioned her already) and PJ (who let me know that she gained 3 pounds). I was exausted just by looking at them.

We laughed, looked at old family photos, ate (and ate and ate) great food, listened to music, caught up and had a good time.

2 comments:

Michelle Sewell said...

how come I was left out of the text invite?!

bitter, party of one!

Michelle
www.girlchildpress.com

Unknown said...

one day i just might open my own shop