Monday, December 17, 2007

Body Combat

I tried it yesterday. OMG! My arms are hurting from the arm work. The workout is advertised as:
  • BODYCOMBAT™ is a non-combat, martial arts-based fitness program with moves drawn from Karate, Tae Kwan Do, Kung Fu, kickboxing, Muay Thai and Tai Chi. Each 55-minute BODYCOMBAT™ class is choreographed to 10 tracks of the latest music, providing an exhilarating exercise experience that delivers ultra-fast fitness results.

So I thought, "How bad can 55 minutes be?" I mean I cycle for 2 hours on Sundays. I do the Treadclimber for 60 minutes on the maximum speed of 4.0. I can handle it, right? How could I have been so wrong. A little girl with a tie around her head ran the class. She reminded me of that teacher guy from the Karate Kid. Half way through the class, I was almost in tears (literally).

During the class, we were given the instructions to "visulize the opponent" to "focus on the opponent" and "to fight to the death." I focused on beating my boss into a pulp. The visualizing seem to help alot. I was washing with sweat.

This class if definately for someone who needs some variety. It is for someone that has A LOT of energy to burn. For someone that wants to beat someone to death, but is afraid of going to jail.

After the class the Mr. Miaggi instructor asked me if I was coming back. Well since I need to work on my round house kick...I'll be back.

(http://www.lesmills.com/midatlantic/en/members/bodycombat/bodycombat-group-fitness-program.aspx)

No comments: