Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I Feel Good

It is 10pm and I just got back from the gym. Yeah, I had put it off yesterday and the day before, so it was due time. I did 1 hour on the eliptical machine and listened to Daughtry (http://www.daughtryofficial.com/). Man, that is a really great album! I've never watched an episode of American Idol, so I never saw Chris on the show. I like the raw and raspy sound of his voice. The last 20 minutes of my workout I replayed Home over and over again. That song really speaks to me. I might have to make that song my anthem. I really understand when he says,
"i'm going home, to the place where i belong
where your love has always been enough for me
i'm not running from, you know i think you got me all wrong
i don't regret this life i chose for me.
but these places and these faces are getting old
i'm going home."
At work today one of my coworkers asked me something that I found rather curious. She asked, "Have you ever felt like you teach because you're afraid to be doing something else?" My co-worker wasn't asking me because she was really interested in my answer. She was asking me so that I could validate some emotion that she was experiencing. But her question reached the deepest regions of my gutt. She said, outloud, what I haven't had the nerve to say to myself for the longest time. Don't get me wrong, teaching isn't bad and I don't regret one moment of my experiences so far. Afterall, it is those experiences that have gotten me to this moment and this place in my life. But even with all of that being said...these places and these faces are getting old.

No comments: