Friday, December 14, 2007

It's A Wonderful Life








I love that movie. I've watched it two times a year every year for the last 15 years and I never get tired of it. I guess I could tape it or buy the DVD, but there is something about watching it on tv (commercials and all). Goerge Bailey had so many lessons to learn and through the power of prayer, he learned them all.

"Buffalo Gal will you come out
will you come out tonight
will you come out tonight
Buffalo Gal will you come out tonight
and dance by the light of the moon."

George had the best plans to travel the globe and to build big things. He was on the first train out of Bedford Falls. George thought he had to travel the globe to do something wonderful with his life. What he didnt know is that God had his life all mapped out for him and that his life was wonderful as God had written it. George had to come close to losing all that he had to realize the beauty and grace of what he had right in front of him.

I can relate though to Georges feelings whenever he heard the toot of a train engine. How it made him fill with longing and regret of dreams never realized. It happens to me more and more these days. I know that is why I have started to write again. I need to see where this takes me. It may not take me anywhere, but I need to follow this path until it ends.

There was something about good old Bedford Falls. Yup, there is something about home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am also feeling nostalgic about "home." With the prospect of living in LA for a year (away from all that I've known for almost my entire life)I suddenly feel like I want to soak things up. You really do take things from granted when you think you are going to always experience them like you've always experienced them.