Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Biggest Loser

So I am going to admit that I am officially on the bandwagon. When the series first started, I was like...what? There isn't much that tv hadn't tried. I thought that tv had reached another low. But here I am watching this season's finale and I am amazed and inspired. As someone who struggles with my weight and body image, watching these people put themselves out there and do it in front of the world is inspiring. They let me know that if they can do...I am not alone. They let me know that I can do it too.

Now of course the naysayers are going to say, "Of course, they lost the weight. They went to a spa, they were at The Biggest Loser Campus, they had trainers." I thought like that at first. But I was missing the point. The trainers, the diet, and the workouts were there to teach us three things:
  • Believe. During the promos for the show, they play the song Believe by Suzie McNeil. People who are overweight sometimes don't believe that they can take the weight off and keep it off.
  • Sustained weight loss is hard. You have to work at it.
  • There is no magic bullet to weight loss. Their is no pill. It all boils down to healthy eating and exercise.

I know I don't have the courage to appear on The Biggest Loser, but I can definitely carry the spirit of all of those contestants with me. I just added Believe to my workout playlist.

Next season to begin in January will feature couples....I'll definately will be watching.

(http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/)


No comments: